Come work with us!
Generations is a family‐owned and operated business whose success is built on a long and distinguished family legacy of service excellence to seniors, going back to 1943. Dedicated to a culture of empowerment, vitality, effectiveness, heart, and mission (Enhancing Lives and Celebrating the Excitement of Living!), with each of us bringing unique gifts and complementary skills, our team supports, guides, and serves our senior living communities across California, Colorado, Oregon, Utah, and Washington. We are a family caring for families, focused on our 5 Cherish Values and service with character, and simply unlike any where you have ever worked. Come find a home with us.
Senior Executive Director – Cherrywood Village
Generations LLC is currently accepting resumes from individuals who thrive in an environment where you have the opportunity to enhance lives each day. Come and join us in as our next Senior Executive Director in Portland, Oregon. This location provides a range of housing options in a charming village setting. This community offers retirement and assisted living options—including seasonal stays—and Parkview Memory Care.
General Job Summary
Maintains the successful operation of the senior living community. Directs, coordinates and supervises all aspects of the business. Complies with federal, state and local standards for community operation. Complies with Adventist Health mission and operating practices as delineated in the property operation and management agreement. Communicates the Generations’ philosophy and all policies to staff and residents both in word and by example.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job Include:
The following job assignments are not in order of importance. The Senior Executive Director reports to the VP of Operations. This position’s duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- The primary task of the Senior Executive Director is to lead the community in fulfilling Generation’s mission to Enhance Lives and Celebrate the Excitement of Living. Oversees day to day business of the entire campus.
- Supervises and mentors Senior Leadership Team, comprised of ED of Independent Living, ED of Assisted Living, ED of Parkview Memory Care, HR director, Maintenance Director, Business Office Manager, Chaplin, Sales Director and Vitality Director.
- Oversee business management, cash, AP and AR management of all businesses.
- Oversee development and ongoing management of budgets. Assist and guide managers with department-specific management as needed.
- Responsible to oversee the development, maintenance and improvement of all community policies/procedures and maintains compliance with all local, state and federal regulations related to them.
- Represent the company at the state, local and community levels. *
- Know and understand the “FISH” philosophy and the service standards that are integrated into our everyday work culture.
- In concert with COO and ownership, negotiate major contacts. Authorized to negotiate minor contracts independently.
- Implement, oversee and manage Generations management training program. *
- Manage all litigation and claims issues. Consult with COO and ownership closely.
- Maintain an entrepreneurial spirit by continually reviewing budget performance for revenue enhancement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Approve budget variances, off scale wage increases, manager reviews, counseling, terminations and management-level hiring.
- Work closely with Sales Director to meet and exceed census targets. This includes: review and approval of annual sales plan, participating in weekly sales planning sessions, meeting with Sales Director a minimum of weekly, participating actively in the sales process when needed.
- In concert with Support Center Quality Enhancement Director, direct all community quality enhancement initiatives, guided by “Wendell’s 5 Keys of Business Success”. Including, but not limited to: resident satisfaction, employee satisfaction, facility maintenance, clinical quality indicators and state and federal quality guidelines.
- Direct and review daily, monthly and quarterly reporting as needed and directed by Support Center and ownership.
- Oversee all incentive programs.
- Be on call and available for the community as needed. Cover other administrators/managers while on vacations. Coordinate coverage in your absence.
- Maintains current knowledge of local, state and federal regulations pertaining to the facility operations.
- Support Vitality Programming throughout community through support of Vitality Director and the Senior ED’s own example.
- Fosters an environment of open communication with management through attitude, example, “management-by-walking-around”, attendance and participation in stand-up meetings, weekly Leadership meetings, Orientation and All Staff meetings.
Other duties as assigned to meet business needs
Performs all other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills Required (Minimum qualifications):
Education: Bachelors Degree in related field. Thorough understanding of local, state and federal regulations as they relate to community-based, long term care and senior housing.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years proven leadership experience in senior housing / long term care / community based care. Minimum 5 years experience successfully managing complex budgets.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Ability to read, write, communicate and follow written and oral instructions in the English language.
Functions as a team member, often requiring leadership abilities
Ability to communicate with empathy and compassion
This position requires the ability to speak in public and communicate clearly
Work day…8 hours, more when necessary
Stands…often, for short periods
Sits…often, for up to 3 hours
Walks…often, short distances
Stairs…occasional, but not necessary
Needs to be self-directed and possess the ability to make decisions. Works closely with COO and ownership.
Works in well-lit, well-ventilated offices. Deals with the public, personnel, visitors, family members and residents under many different circumstances. Some travel required.
To facilitate and promote the policies and procedures needed to provide quality care and services to the residents. To keep all personnel, resident and related matters confidential. Perform all other duties as directed by supervisor.