Does My Loved One Need Memory Care?
Worrying behavior changes, safety concerns, and caregiver burnout are key signs it’s time for your loved one to be evaluated by a trusted healthcare provider and possibly time for a Memory Care community. Ask yourself these questions to help assess your family’s situation.
- Have friends or family members commented on changes in behavior?
- Is caregiving affecting my/another family member’s health?
- Am I becoming resentful of my loved one?
- Am I/my family safe?
Is your loved one:
- Often aggressive or agitated, especially later in the day?
- More withdrawn and/or nervous than usual?
- Not meeting their hygiene needs?
- Safe in their living environment?
- Staying well-nourished?
- Able to manage medications and health conditions?
If you answered yes to any of the answers above, you are encouraged to reach out to your loved one’s doctor for guidance on getting a further evaluation and possible diagnosis. Remember, you are not alone, and there are many options that can help you ensure your loved one can live a fulfilling and purposeful life.