Top 5 Signs it is Time for Memory Care Living?
What are the top 5 signs it is time for memory care living?
Deciding to move a loved one into memory care living can be fraught with emotion and confusing. Some days may be good; some days may be bad. Here are some signs that may help you determine if memory care is right for your parent.
- Safety: mobility issues that prevent them from performing daily tasks; taken multiple falls; or, forgetfulness leads to leaving the stove on, etc. For tips on how to make a household safe, visit the see the Home Safety Checklist from the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Hallucinations: auditory and/or visual
- Getting lost: wandering from home, getting lost in familiar areas, or forgetting where they are going
- Agitation and aggression: verbal or physical
- Unhealthy weight loss: not regularly eating due to forgetting
Generations is here to help you with this delicate transition. We have specially designed memory care living services and amenities to support a well-respected lifestyle of safety, wellbeing, and engagement. For additional resources and information, visit https://www.alz.org.
Contact now or call to find out more. We’re here to help you navigate this process.
Activities are key for people living with Alzheimer’s, living with dementia or other memory…
When you hear a particular song, it conjures the exact place and time in your life when you first…
The difference between assisted living and memory care.