Connecting Giving Hearts with
Those in Need
We are unabashedly proud of our Generations communities and take cherishing our people seriously. Our village environments foster cultures of love and family, encourage growth and vitality, and are gathering places for enhancing lives and celebrating the excitement of living. Those who are part of our communities are part of our family. Knowing our debt of gratitude to our people, this non-profit, the Generations Family Foundation (GFF), was established to be a resource for those who want to effectively assist others in hardship and for those who, during unexpected crisis, find themselves in need.
What it means to be family:
“At the heart of our company is family. Our roots are the family company of Wendell’s grandparents. But our definition of family is so much greater. When we say ‘family’ we draw in every single member of our community villages. This foundation is funded by members of that family. As our motto goes, we are a family caring for families – this is that in action.” – Rebecca Stayner, Member of the Board
The Generations Family Foundation is dedicated to providing short-term, immediate relief to employees and residents of the Generations family of companies and communities who have suffered hardship as a result of natural disaster, family death, medical emergency, or other unexpected crisis or distress, and who are in financial need of assistance.
Helping in Times of Hardship
According to our process, charity law, and to be careful stewards of donated funds, we require a completed application and must establish that an applicant is in financial need of assistance.
Qualifying Emergencies include, but are not limited to:
- Home Catastrophe: Funds to establish safe residence following fire, flood, hurricane, or other natural disaster, or for expenses related to home evacuation. Payments necessary to prevent eviction from a primary residence.
- Personal or Medical Emergency: Sudden and acute illness or injury, out-of-pocket health care expenses or care and resources for a critically ill immediate family member, medical or dental bills not covered by insurance, or non-medical emergencies causing financial hardship, such as loss due to theft, falling victim to a crime, severe auto accident, or spouse laid off work.
- Death Incident, Funeral or related Emergency Travel: Funeral or travel expenses for attending a service for an unexpected death in the family or caring for a terminally ill immediate family member.
- Military Deployment Hardship: When an employee or spouse is deployed causing temporary financial hardship.
Forms of Assistance may include, but are not limited to, the below. Recipients are not subject to tax on assistance they receive. Assistance is most often made on the applicant’s behalf directly to a vendor, service, or utility.
- Cash assistance.
- Expense reimbursement.
- Utilities (water, gas, power).
- Emergency medical/dental bills not covered by insurance.
- Housing (rent or mortgage).
- Funeral/travel expenses related to family death.
- Emergency food/shelter/clothing/other essentials.
- Material goods.
- Other support arrangements.
Applying for Assistance
- Completed Application Submission: Complete and send in an application through any option:
- Committee Review: The GFF forwards applications, with personal identifying information removed, to an independent committee for review.
- Quick Response: A GFF officer will contact the applicant immediately after a committee decision is reached, generally within 3 days of receiving the application.
Donations are Welcome!
We are an employee, resident, and publicly funded non-profit and invite you to contribute! Contributions, in any amount, make assistance to those in need possible! Ways to donate include:
- Online: Click on the link to make a one time donation now. DONATE NOW
- Payroll Deduction: Employees are welcome to enroll in automatic donations via payroll. Please request the Automatic Donation Enrollment form from your community’s HR Director.
- Mail: Checks are welcomed and can be made out to ‘Generations Family Foundation’ and sent to 8440 SE Sunnybrook Blvd, Suite 100, Clackamas OR 97015.
- Fundraising: If you would like to be on our mailing list for future fundraising events, let us know at email@example.com.
The Generations Family Foundation is organized under the laws of the State of Oregon as a non-profit corporation and is tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your gift may qualify as a charitable deduction for federal income purposes – please consult your tax adviser. Our tax ID number (EIN) is 81-4752704.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.