You may have found yourself struggling with daily tasks, or needing help from others to take care of yourself and your house. Having a difficult time with activities like driving and walking, or a recent illness or injury may all signal that now is the right time to consider senior living. Or maybe you can take care of yourself just fine, but feel increasingly lonely and isolated. These are all signs that transitioning into senior living may be beneficial and you may decide to make the move for a variety of reasons.
Our communities at Generations are designed for living, thriving, and vitality. Our residents have shared reasons that encouraged moving to Generations:
- Uncertain physical safety at home – Independent Living & Assisted Living are great options
- Increase seclusion or feeling of isolation – Independent Living & Assisted Living are great options
- Significant memory loss – Assisted Living & Memory Care are great options
- Increased medical needs – Assisted Living
- Transportation concerns – Independent Living & Assisted Living are great options
Regardless of your unique situation, the best time to consider senior living is when you can do it proactively. It’s always easier to make a decision when there isn’t a crisis or stressful circumstance happening. It never hurts to research your options and take some tours so you feel more prepared for whatever the future brings.